- For sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Stir
- in cream and orange peel. Cook over low heat about 15-20 minutes or
- until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a
- thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly but gently.
- Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a bowl.
- Place bowl in an ice-water bath for a few minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in extract. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with
- bread pudding.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 370 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 208 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.