- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Bog Bars
"added 3/4 cranraisins into flour oatmeal mix. rough chop on pecans. crust was soggy. no flavor even with extras i added."
"WOW, so much better than I thought they would turn out. Easy to make, very tasty. They do tend to fall apart when picking them up, but maybe that was my batch."
"loved it, shared recipe many times"
"Whenever I have to bring bars, I run to this recipe. If you want to make bars that go fast, this is the best choice."
"Moist, easy, disappeared quickly."
"I think next time I make these I will add a little salt to the cookie crust..."
"Has become one of my traditional holiday recipes! Super easy and YUMMY!!!!!! Everyone loves them!"
"Has become one of my traditional holiday recipes! Everyone loves it and it is beyond easy. Turns out perfect every single time!"
"These bars are wonderful and SO easy! I have substituted apple pie filling and mincemeat and both were excellent!"
"I was so relieved to find this recipe again online. I promised to bring these to another church function, and couldn't find my copy. Many, many compliments and so easy."