Cranberry Bog Bars Recipe
Sweet and chewy, these fun bars combine the flavors of oats, cranberries, brown sugar and pecans. I like to sprinkle the squares with confectioners’ sugar before serving. —Sally Wakefield, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC