Cranberry Bog Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 161 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Bog Bars
"One of my faves. I made a pan of them yesterday. In the past I've had problems with them being crumbly & the crust soggy the next day. Solution: Add an extra 1/2 cup of oats to the crust. bake approx. 10 minutes longer. Perfection. Best batch I've ever made."
"added 3/4 cranraisins into flour oatmeal mix. rough chop on pecans. crust was soggy. no flavor even with extras i added."
"WOW, so much better than I thought they would turn out. easy to make, very tasty. They do tend to fall apart when picking them up, but maybe that was my batch."
"loved it, shared recipe many times"
"Whenever I have to bring bars, I run to this recipe. If you want to make bars that go fast, this is the best choice."
"Moist, easy, disappeared quickly."
"I think next time I make these I will add a little salt to the cookie crust..."
"Has become one of my traditional holiday recipes! Super easy and YUMMY!!!!!! Everyone loves them!"
"Has become one of my traditional holiday recipes! Everyone loves it and it is beyond easy. Turns out perfect every single time!"
"I was so relieved to find this recipe again online. I promised to bring these to another church function, and couldn't find my copy. Many, many compliments and so easy."
"Never cooked with cranberries before. WOW I was missing out. This recipe is a family favorite now. We cut big squares serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream or just eat cold in the traditional bars. It's a keeper."
"Absolutely delicious. My family loved these bars."
"These were very easy to make but SO delicious. I brought these to a family function and I kept hearing "May I have another please?" I think these will be a family favorite for many many years to come"
"I would not make this recipe because I do not like canned cranberry sauce. If it was made with fresh or dried cranberries I think it would be delicious, but not with the canned sauce. Can fresh berries be substituted?"
"I have made a similar bar cookie with raisins... .....this is a nice change up and my kids love it too! It will join the pies at our Thaksgiving table!"
"wonderful, satisfying treat- full of oats & nuts!"
"All I can say is WOW!!! This is probably the only time I have taken a dessert to church, to a business party, and to a Boy scout meeting and come home with mere crumbs. Great texture and taste, pretty easy to prepare. Would not change a thing. My whole family loved it. I plan on keeping this recipe for year-round use!"