Cranberry Bog Bars
Sweet and chewy, these fun bars combine the flavors of oats, cranberries, brown sugar and pecans. I like to sprinkle the squares with confectioners’ sugar before serving. —Sally Wakefield, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light
- and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to
- creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans
- and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.