Cranberry Bog Bark
For a pretty holiday treat, I make this bark. It is a favorite holiday gift I give out to friends and family.—Cindy Lou Hickey, Kingston, Massachusetts
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 pounds white chocolate or candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups broken walnuts
- Place dried cranberries in a vegetable steamer, cover and steam 2-3
- minutes. Remove to a paper towel; blot and cool.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate. Remove from the heat and stir in
- the dried cranberries and walnuts. Spread evenly over a foil-lined
- baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until candy is hard. Break
- into 2-in. pieces. Yield: 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 350 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.