Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad
For a light, refreshing first course, Lori McLaughlin of Pittsford, New York turns to this fruity salad. Sweet apple, dried cranberries, blue cheese and a vinaigrette dressing give it a subtle punch of flavor.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, apple and cranberries. In a
- small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 111 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.