For a light, refreshing first course, Lori McLaughlin of Pittsford, New York turns to this fruity salad. Sweet apple, dried cranberries, blue cheese and a vinaigrette dressing give it a subtle punch of flavor.
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, apple and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p61
Reviews for Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2011
"This is an AMAZING salad. My husband said it was his favorite salad ever. Thanks for the great recipe!"