For a light, refreshing first course, Lori McLaughlin of Pittsford, New York turns to this fruity salad. Sweet apple, dried cranberries, blue cheese and a vinaigrette dressing give it a subtle punch of flavor.
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, apple and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p61
Reviews for Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2011
"This is an AMAZING salad. My husband said it was his favorite salad ever. Thanks for the great recipe!"
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
"This has become a holiday tradition in our family. It's excellent with Thanksgiving dinner to balance all of the starchy side dishes."