This delicious cookie was inspired by cranberry bars at a popular gourmet coffee shop. Every bite is loaded with cranberries, vanilla chips and macadamia nuts.—Joan Stanton, Ellensburg, Washington
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and extracts. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries, chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Bliss Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p125
Reviews for Cranberry Bliss Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review