- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and extracts. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries, chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Bliss Cookies
Sort By :
These are absolutely delicious. They're best when they come fresh out of the oven, while the edges still have a bit of a crisp- once you put them in a bag or container, they turn completely soft. The only change I made was to leave out the nuts, due to personal preference.
Also, be warned his recipe has an extremely large yield (10 dozen)! So be prepared to be in the kitchen for quite some time, swapping out batches. But at least there's plenty to go around, so give a few dozen out to family and friends. :)
These cookies are amazing. A new favorite after we first tried them. I misplaced the recipe and was disappointed with one I tried thinking it would be similar. My only complaint is the large yield on the recipe. I need to convert it down and write it out again and make sure I keep it this time!
These cookies will make you roll your eyes with pleasure. My absolute favorite! I will be making these often.