Cranberry Biscuits Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Roll or pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve a glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries if desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Biscuits(1)
Sort By :
Wow, I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet!! These are absolutely delicious around the holidays. They have a subtle, sweet flavor and a very light texture. With the glaze, they seem more fitted to a breakfast table, but I have left that off and served them up with dinner (NO complaints!) They are also good with honey butter.