Cranberry Beverage Syrup Recipe
- 2 quarts water
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR CRANBERRY COOLER:
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CRAN-APPLE DRINK:
- 2 cups apple juice, chilled
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY-LEMON SPARKLE:
- 1-1/2 quarts cold water
- 1-1/2 quarts ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY TEA:
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 2 cups iced tea, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, cranberries, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until berries pop. Mash slightly with a potato masher; simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Strain and discard pulp and cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate syrup in 2-cup portions for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before using. Yield: 5 batches (about 10 cups total).
- To prepare Cranberry Cooler: In a pitcher, combine 2 cups cranberry syrup and ginger ale. Serve over ice. Yield: 6 servings.
- To prepare Cran-Apple Drink: In a pitcher, combine 2 cups cranberry syrup, apple juice and club soda. Serve over ice. Yield: 6 servings.
- To prepare Cranberry-Lemonade Sparkle: In a punch bowl, combine water, ginger ale, 4 cups cranberry syrup and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Yield: 18-20 servings.
- To prepare Cranberry Tea: In a pitcher, combine 2 cups cranberry syrup, club soda and iced tea. Serve over ice. Yield: 6 servings. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Beverage Syrup(3)
Sort By :
I have made the cranberry cooler and it was very good and am currently making the Cranberry Iced Tea. I just had a small problem with throwing out all the strained leftover cranberries but did not know what to do with it. Any suggestions?
Definitely! This was a BIG hit this afternoon for a Christmas reception. About 50 people attended and MANY guests asked for the recipe. I made the "Cranberry-Lemon Sparkle" version and will mark it as a Favorite for future use. I think the other three variations would also be great to try.
This recipe is FABULOUS!! I made this for a church party to welcome our new pastor & the requests for the recipe were numerous. One woman liked it so much, she made it for her family for their Christmas Eve celebration. Her children do not like cranberry anything (nor did she before this punch) so she kept the flavor a secret until after they had sampled it. None of them could believe it was a cranberry base. I've tried all the variations listed & have always been pleased with the results.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Beverage Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >