Cranberry Beets Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh beets
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In another saucepan, heat cranberry sauce over medium heat until melted. Add orange juice, orange peel and salt. Drain beets; gently stir into cranberry mixture. Heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 127 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cranberry Beets
"Excellent! I had canned several quarts of beets and looking for a different way to serve them, tried this and the family loved it!JC"