Cranberry Beets Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh beets
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In another saucepan, heat cranberry sauce over medium heat until melted. Add orange juice, orange peel and salt. Drain beets; gently stir into cranberry mixture. Heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 127 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cranberry Beets
"Excellent! I had canned several quarts of beets and looking for a different way to serve them, tried this and the family loved it!JC"