"When I'm looking for a different way to put cranberries on the menu, this unique side comes immediately to mind," reports Donna Smith of Victor, New York. "Paired with beets, the berries are tasty and tangy...and their ruby-red color really brightens up my holiday dinner table."
Featured In: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh beets
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In another saucepan, heat cranberry sauce over medium heat until melted. Add orange juice, orange peel and salt. Drain beets; gently stir into cranberry mixture. Heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Beets in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p11
Reviews for Cranberry Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2009
"Excellent! I had canned several quarts of beets and looking for a different way to serve them, tried this and the family loved it!JC"