Cranberry-Beef Mini Burgers Recipe
Cranberry tapenade brings a deep red color and sweet-sour zing to these fun little bacon cheeseburgers. Serve them for parties or any time you want to treat your family. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min./batch YIELD:16 servings
- CRANBERRY TAPENADE:
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 16 slices
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 1. In a food processor, place first six ingredients; pulse until cranberries are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in thyme. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper. Shape into 16 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, topping with cheese during last minute of cooking.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise over cut sides of buns. Layer bottoms with arugula, tomatoes, burgers, bacon and cranberry tapenade; replace tops. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC