Cranberry tapenade brings a deep red color and sweet-sour zing to these fun little bacon cheeseburgers. Serve them for parties or any time you want to treat your family. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
- CRANBERRY TAPENADE:
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 16 slices
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- In a food processor, place first seven ingredients; pulse until cranberries are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in thyme. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper. Shape into 16 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, topping with cheese during last minute of cooking.
- Spread mayonnaise over cut sides of buns. Layer bottoms with arugula, tomatoes, burgers, bacon and cranberry tapenade; replace tops. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Cranberry-Beef Mini Burgers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cranberry-Beef Mini Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review