Cranberry-Beef Mini Burgers Recipe
- CRANBERRY TAPENADE:
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 16 slices
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- In a food processor, place first six ingredients; pulse until cranberries are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in thyme. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper. Shape into 16 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, topping with cheese during last minute of cooking.
- Spread mayonnaise over cut sides of buns. Layer bottoms with arugula, tomatoes, burgers, bacon and cranberry tapenade; replace tops. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cranberry-Beef Mini Burgers(2)
Sort By :
It's a great change up for the burger!
I did add fresh grated orange rind to the tapenade. Burgers: Fantastic! Another time, I browned the beef, assembled ingredients, and served upon green leafy vegetables, & wrapped. Variations I have tried with success: Sub poultry for beef. Sub goat/chèvre cheese for Provolone. Sub greek yogurt for mayo.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >