Cranberry Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking juices if desired to serve with meat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
8 ounces equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry Beef Brisket
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.