"My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for this tender brisket," relates Annette Bartle of Lees Summit, Missouri. It yields a lot, so the leftover beef can be used in the two comforting recipes that follow.
- 1 beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking juices if desired to serve with meat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Beef Brisket in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review