- 1 beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking juices if desired to serve with meat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Beef Brisket
Sort By :
"The first time I made this I doubled the recipe. I served it to a group of about 14 adults. It was a hit. Had hardly any leftovers and it was so easy to make. I have since made this again for the family many times. I do not change a thing in the recipe. It's always great."
"This is very good and so easy to make! Flavor combination seems odd when looking at the recipe but it all comes together incredibly well. I don't care for cranberry sauce by itself but having it cooked like this it came out wonderful!"