- 1 beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking juices if desired to serve with meat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Beef Brisket
Sort By :
This is very good and so easy to make! Flavor combination seems odd when looking at the recipe but it all comes together incredibly well. I don't care for cranberry sauce by itself but having it cooked like this it came out wonderful!