This slightly sweet sandwich is a great way to use up leftover turkey. Keep the meat warm in a slow cooker at your next potluck, and you're sure to impress guests. Susan Williams — Rockford, Illinois
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in turkey; simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry BBQ Turkey Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Cranberry BBQ Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review