Cranberry Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs, sour cream and extracts. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in baking chips, cranberries and walnuts. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar; spread over top. Sprinkle with cranberries. Cut into bars or triangles. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cranberry Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
My family and I really enjoyed these bars. They were easy to put together and tasted great. The sour cream made the bars very moist. The only thing I caution is the amount of frosting. I only used 1 pkg of cream cheese (8 oz total), 1/4 c. butter, and 2 cups powdered sugar. You will need a little milk to thin the icing. I can't imagine more icing or cream cheese. It would be too much for the thin bar. Everyone in my family agreed that half the recipe was sufficient for the bar. I will definitely be making these again!