Cranberry Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with cranberry sauce.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; stir in butter. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 264 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Banana Coffee Cake
"I did as the other reviewer and used quick oats in the topping since I had no nuts (and hubby doesn't like nuts IN his food). I thought the pan size would be too big since I've always made 8 x 8 coffee cakes, but it was just right. I used 3 bananas since the 2 old ones I was saving in the fridge were small. Now I have to eat the rest of the cranberry sauce out of the can :)."
"This recipe was just what I was looking for to use up that can of cranberry sauce in the pantry. This was very tasty! The only thing I changed was instead of the nuts I used the same amount of quick cooking oats since my kids are not big fans of nuts, this worked just fine. My kids ate it up and my Husband and I enjoyed it with coffee."