Cranberry Balsamic Salad
I stock up on cranberries each fall when I visit a cranberry festival. I always have plenty on hand at Christmastime for making special holiday dishes, including this tangy salad. —Patricia Slater, Pefferlaw, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, sectioned
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, salad greens, oranges, cheese
- and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette, orange juice and
- peel. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cranberries
- and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.