Cranberry Baklava Recipe
- 20 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inch x 9 inch)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, finely chopped
- 3 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer six sheets of phyllo dough in dish, brushing each with butter.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1-1/4 cups over top layer of phyllo. Layer and brush six sheets of dough with butter. Top with 1-1/4 cups cranberry mixture. Layer and brush six more sheets of dough with butter; top with remaining cranberry mixture. Top with remaining sheets of dough, brushing each sheet with butter.
- 3. Using a sharp knife, cut halfway through layers to make 24 pieces. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. In a small saucepan, heat the honey over low heat just until warm and thin. Pour over warm baklava. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving equals 312 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Baklava
"These are very good. They won first prize in a local "cranberry bakeoff" contest. They are a bit labor intensive (for me) due to the phyllo dough. But well worth the effort."