- 20 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inch x 9 inch)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, finely chopped
- 3 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer six sheets of phyllo dough in dish, brushing each with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1-1/4 cups over top layer of phyllo. Layer and brush six sheets of dough with butter. Top with 1-1/4 cups cranberry mixture. Layer and brush six more sheets of dough with butter; top with remaining cranberry mixture. Top with remaining sheets of dough, brushing each sheet with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut halfway through layers to make 24 pieces. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey over low heat just until warm and thin. Pour over warm baklava. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Baklava in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p222
Reviews for Cranberry Baklava
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2012
"These are very good. They won first prize in a local "cranberry bakeoff" contest. They are a bit labor intensive (for me) due to the phyllo dough. But well worth the effort."