- 3 cups dried navy beans
- 5 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 pound lean salt pork, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour to 4 hours, or until softened.
- Drain beans and discard liquid. Return beans to Dutch oven. Add cranberry juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beans are almost tender.
- Drain, reserving cranberry liquid. Place beans in a 2-1/2-qt. casserole or bean pot; add remaining ingredients and 1-1/2 cups of cranberry liquid. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 hours or until beans are tender and of desired consistency, stirring every 30 minutes. Add reserved cranberry liquid as needed. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Baked Beans
"I liked these beans in the past but need ideas. What can these beans be served with?"
"Great flavor,takes quite a bit of time to prepare but the molasses and cranberry give the beans a really good taste."
"Different but really good"
"these were good - but not worth all the time it took making them. didn't taste any better than beans from a can. i didn't taste the cranberry at all. disappointed."