The red and green colors in this salad make it a natural for a yuletide dinner. Plus the dressing and ingredients give it a sweet-tangy flavor.—Marsha Postar, Lubbock, Texas
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted if desired
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Gently toss avocado with lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine romaine, spinach, cranberries, onion and avocado; drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette. Sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels; serve immediately. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette or, if desired, save for another use. Yield: 10 servings (about 1 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Cranberry-Avocado Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p31
Reviews for Cranberry-Avocado Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review