The red and green colors in this salad make it a natural for a yuletide dinner. Plus the dressing and ingredients give it a sweet-tangy flavor.—Marsha Postar, Lubbock, Texas
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted if desired
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Gently toss avocado with lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine romaine, spinach, cranberries, onion and avocado; drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette. Sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels; serve immediately. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette or, if desired, save for another use. Yield: 10 servings (about 1 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Cranberry-Avocado Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p31
Reviews for Cranberry-Avocado Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2015
"GREAT RECIPE! My family loved the play of all the different flavors. For non avocado lovers, substituting cooked chicken works great too. Our daughter said she could eat this salad every day and not tire of it!"