- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually whisk in the oil; set aside.
- Combine avocado and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, cranberries, onion and avocado mixture; drizzle with 1/2 cup dressing. (Save remaining dressing for another use.)
- Sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Avocado Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p31
Reviews for Cranberry-Avocado Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review