Cranberry Apricot Scones Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in apricot and cranberries. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, egg white and orange peel; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently four times. Roll into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut into eight 3-in. squares. Cut each square into two triangles. Separate pieces and transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Apricot Scones
"These were not quite as tender as I like my scones but loved the flavor combination! Next time will just add the cranberries, apricots and orange zest to my favorite scone recipe."
"Doubled cranberries, added 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp. almond extract. Left out orange peel because our family doesn't like it."
"I used 2 T. butter and the whole egg instead of egg white. Use pan from oven with parchment paper. other pan too small.."
" This sounds great!