Cranberry Apricot Scones Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in apricot and cranberries. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, egg white and orange peel; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently four times. Roll into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut into eight 3-in. squares. Cut each square into two triangles. Separate pieces and transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Apricot Scones
"These were not quite as tender as I like my scones but loved the flavor combination! Next time will just add the cranberries, apricots and orange zest to my favorite scone recipe."
"Doubled cranberries, added 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp. almond extract. Left out orange peel because our family doesn't like it."
"I used 2 T. butter and the whole egg instead of egg white. Use pan from oven with parchment paper. other pan too small.."
" This sounds great!