Cranberry-Apricot Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until fruit is softened. Cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic. Spread with fruit mixture to within 3/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string at 1-1/2-in. intervals.
- 3. Line a shallow pan with heavy-duty foil. Place meat on a rack in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/3 pound (calculated without additional salt and pepper) equals 219 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.