- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 8 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine apricots and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in cranberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg whites, egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom. Add bread cubes; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in apricot mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apricot Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p159
Reviews for Cranberry-Apricot Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review