Cranberry Applesauce Recipe
Instead of the usual jellied cranberry sauce, I serve this refreshing alternative. It's not too sweet and not too sour...plus it's a snap to make.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 medium Golden Delicious apples (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add cranberries; cover and cook until apples are tender and berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in peel, ginger and cinnamon. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 157 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Applesauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC