Cranberry-Apple Walnut Crisp Recipe
The first time I baked this bubbly, golden brown crisp, I knew it was a winner. Cranberry sauce adds the perfect amount of tartness to every spoonful.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cranberry sauce. Add apples; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC