Cranberry Apple Topping Recipe
A generous spoonful of this sweet-tart sauce is a tasty addition to chicken, turkey or pork. The ruby-red color lends a festive look to the meal, perfect for visitors.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until bubbly.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a serving bowl; cool. Serve with turkey, chicken or pork. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
1/4 cup: 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC