A generous spoonful of this sweet-tart sauce is a tasty addition to chicken, turkey or pork. The ruby-red color lends a festive look to the meal, perfect for visitors.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until bubbly.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a serving bowl; cool. Serve with turkey, chicken or pork. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Topping in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p70
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review