Cranberry Apple Tart Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried apples
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the egg, butter, sugar and orange peel. Combine flour and salt; beat into yeast mixture on low speed just until mixture holds together.
- Shape into a ball. Place in a small bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-1/4 hours (dough will not double, but will leave a slight indentation when pressed).
- Coat an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray; set aside. Place dough on a piece of waxed paper. Lightly flour dough and roll into a 13-in. circle. Invert into prepared pan; gently peel off waxed paper.
- Line unpricked tart shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven filling ingredients. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and cranberries pop. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Cool for 20 minutes. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Tart
Sort By :
Please fix the recipe so I can try it.
This recipe is too confusing. I would not waste ingredients when I am so unsure of what I am being told to do. And what is "lite" about it.
I haven't made this yet because the recipe makes no sense! How can it be diabetic friendly with sugar and subtitute in it? Where is the honey?
After all the reviews, too much sugar and not Diabetic friendly. Will not make.
With all the sugar, this does not sound diabetic friendly. What happened to the honey?