Cranberry-Apple Sweet Potatoes Recipe
A few convenience items hurry along prep of this speedy casserole from Nella Parker of Hersey, Michigan. A sweet-and-tangy fruit glaze tops canned sweet potatoes and apple pie filling with delicious results. Serve it alongside roasted meats or take it to a potluck.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (2 pounds 8 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1. Spread apple pie filling into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with sweet potato slices. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, preserves and marmalade; spread over potatoes.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 263 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC