Cranberry Apple Stuffing Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage no longer pink; drain. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in stuffing cubes, apples, cranberries, almonds, sage, thyme, pepper, salt and enough cider to reach desired moistness. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 306 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Stuffing
"" I made this for our huge Thanksgiving get together. The only thing I would have done differently was make 2 pans instead of one!! My family loved it and I will now make it a tradition."
"I have been making this recipe for the last 10 years and everyone keeps asking for it over and over!"
"I made this yesterday for Thanksgiving dinner (along with Classic Turkey Gravy from this site) and it was a big hit! I substituted chicken sausage for Italian and walnuts for the almonds, and used homemade seasoned bread cubes. No doubt this recipe will be making an appearance again next year."
"This was very good. Could be a meal by itself."
"Different, but so good! Everyone loved it and I will make it again for sure!"
"Definitely will make this again."
"I didn't make the sausage with it, one of my diners was vegetarian. Everyone raved about it and wanted me to make it my regular stuffing for Thanksgiving."
"This is so good!"