Cranberry Apple Stuffing Recipe
One Thanksgiving, I lost the recipe I planned to use, so I threw this together. My cousin Sandy, a die-hard traditional stuffing fan, said this was the best stuffing she’d ever tasted! Talk about a compliment! —Beverly Norris, Evanston, Wyoming
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage no longer pink; drain. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in stuffing cubes, apples, cranberries, almonds, sage, thyme, pepper, salt and enough cider to reach desired moistness. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 306 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC