- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 4 medium unpeeled tart apples, thickly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 15-17 minutes or until the apples are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Saute
Sort By :
"This recipe reminds me of the cranberry apple side in the frozen dinners of old. It's a nice holiday side for those who don't care for the traditional cranberry sauce/dish. I favorite we make frequently."
"I used this recipe to replace traditional cranberry sauce for our Thanksgiving meal. It was excellent! I substituted honey for the sugar to make for a healthier dish. The only apples I had on hand were Macoun. Since I used a sweeter apple, I would cut down on the honey as the apple juice made the dish extremely sweet already."