For an extra special jelly during the fall season, try this recipe. The apples and cranberries compliment each other well.Ball brand and Kerr brand home canning products
36 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Process: 10 min.
- 1 pound apples (about 6 small)
- 4 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and chop apples. Combine apples, cranberries, brown sugar
- and water in a Dutch oven. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes,
- stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts and cinnamon; cook for 5
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process 10
- minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 5 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 81 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.