- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add apples and cranberries; toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cutter if desired. Place over filling; seal and flute the edges.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Pie
Sort By :
"We loved this pie! It didn't set up for me, so next time I will add more cornstarch, but the flavor was so good that it still gets five stars! I'll certainly be making it again - probably on Thanksgiving!"
"I would make this recipe again, again and again. Made it with no changes at all. My boyfriend and mom loved it. Used 50% sugar and 50% Slenda to lower sugars."
"The perfect combo of sweet and tart! We loved this pie!"
"Super easy! I followed the instructions exactly, no variation and was surprised at not only how easy this pie was to make, but how incredibly wonderful it tasted! HUGE hit with my hubby! Definitely will be making again!!"
"Loved the flavor of this pie- however mine didn't set up so I guess next time I will add more cornstarch. It was very runny, but so delicious I will make it again!!"