New England is one of the prime apple- and cranberry-growing regions of the country. This is my all-time favorite cranberry apple pie recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add apples and cranberries; toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cutter if desired. Place over filling; seal and flute the edges.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Pie in Country October/November 1997, p51
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review