Wedges of this tangy Christmas-red pie are a feast for the eyes and the taste buds.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries, apple, almonds and orange peel. In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to fruit mixture and toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; add filling. Drizzle with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; cut slits in top crust. Seal and flute edges. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple-Nut Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p43
Reviews for Cranberry Apple-Nut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review