- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine cranberries, apples, almonds and orange peel. In another bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to fruit mixture and toss gently.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling. Drizzle with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple-Nut Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p43
Reviews for Cranberry Apple-Nut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2013
"Delicious! I made a butter crust for it, and used orange marmalade instead of orange zest. Cut back on the sugar to 1 2/3 cup because of the marmalade. Looks awesome and tastes awesome!"