Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch Recipe
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant oatmeal with cinnamon and spice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whole cranberries for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients and mix well. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. For topping, combine oatmeal, nuts, flour, sugar and butter in another bowl. Mix well; spoon evenly over fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and tender. Garnish with cranberries. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch
"I added the walnut, raisin, and date oatmeal instead. Wonderful recipe!!"