This dessert is especially pretty and appropriate for the holidays. I updated my mother's recipe using instant oatmeal to make it even easier to fix.
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant oatmeal with cinnamon and spice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whole cranberries for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients and mix well. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. For topping, combine oatmeal, nuts, flour, sugar and butter in another bowl. Mix well; spoon evenly over fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and tender. Garnish with cranberries. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p34
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2011
"I added the walnut, raisin, and date oatmeal instead. Wonderful recipe!!"