This dessert is especially pretty and appropriate for the holidays. I updated my mother's recipe using instant oatmeal to make it even easier to fix.
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant oatmeal with cinnamon and spice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whole cranberries for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients and mix well. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. For topping, combine oatmeal, nuts, flour, sugar and butter in another bowl. Mix well; spoon evenly over fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and tender. Garnish with cranberries. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p34
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Nut Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review