Cranberry Apple Muffins Recipe
It's sometimes difficult to get our daughter to eat healthy foods, but she gobbles up these fruit-filled muffins. Although these are a "must" around the holidays, I keep cranberries in the freezer so I can whip up a batch any time of year. —Esther Bowers, Westland, Michigan
- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine apples and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Add cranberries, carrots, nuts, eggs and oil; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coriander if desired and salt; stir into apple mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC