Cranberry-Apple Mincemeat Pies Recipe
Traditional mincemeat is too heavy for me, but this fruity version hits the spot. Other agree— few folks who've tried it stop at just one slice!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 medium unpeeled navel orange, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup each red and green candied cherries
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, combine the fruit, sugar, apple juice, butter, marmalade and spices. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- 2. Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry; trim and flute edges. Divide filling between crusts. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 piece: 419 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Mincemeat Pies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC