My husband's breakfast club at work raves about this make-ahead French toast. Pop it in the oven in the morning to get your day off to a sweet, bubbly start.
Recommended: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) challah or egg bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- Mix first four ingredients and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; toss with apples and cranberries. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture to moisten; place over fruit, overlapping or trimming slices to fit. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove baking dish from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple French Toast in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Reviews forCranberry-Apple French Toast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review