Cranberry-Apple Chutney Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in the cranberries, apples, onion, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Chutney(22)
Sort By :
This is a new Thanksgiving tradition for our family - everyone loves it! I haven't modified the recipe at all. I don't always use the walnuts.
This is the best ..... wont use regular cranberry sauce anymore..
I followed this recipe this exactly as instructed and it came out perfect. I had rave reviews from family and friends wo tried it. Its a keeper
This recipe is awesome. The only thing I did was omit the onions and the walnuts..This will be on my dinner table every year for the holidays.
This will be a new Thanksgiving tradition! Added a tiny bit of orange zest ----- loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >