- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in the cranberries, apples, onion, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Chutney
"Just made this yesterday with my youngest granddaughter's help for our Christmas dinner! My family LOVED it! Very easy to make and it's WONDERFUL with ham."
"This is simply delicious. It makes a lot and I thought we would have trouble with too much left over. Not so, it is good atop plain yogurt for a dessert, it is good on top of oatmeal, it is just good to eat. Love, Love, Love."
"This is a new Thanksgiving tradition for our family - everyone loves it! I haven't modified the recipe at all. I don't always use the walnuts."
"This is the best ..... wont use regular cranberry sauce anymore.."