Cranberry-Apple Butternut Squash Recipe
"This easy casserole is a wonderful accompaniment for fall and winter dinners," writes Pat Waymire from Yellow Springs, Ohio. "The preserves and marmalade sweeten the cranberries and give the dish a fine fruitiness."
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine squash and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cove and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. drain. Spread the pie filling in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with squash. Combine cranberry sauce, marmalade and preserves; spoon over squash. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 180 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC