Cranberry-Apple Butternut Squash Recipe
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine squash and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cove and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. drain. Spread the pie filling in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with squash. Combine cranberry sauce, marmalade and preserves; spoon over squash. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 180 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Butternut Squash
"I did not have everything on hand so instead of using canned cranberry sauce, I used dried cranberries (about a cup), and 2 tablespoons of orange juice instead of the orange marmalade and it still turned out great. I think I will try using fresh apples next time, because my family and I did not care for the pie filling, it didn't seem to go."