Cranberry-Apple Butternut Squash Recipe
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine squash and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cove and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. drain. Spread the pie filling in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with squash. Combine cranberry sauce, marmalade and preserves; spoon over squash. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 180 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Butternut Squash
"Made this dish for Thanksgiving Dinner. It was awesome,and so easy to make. Found it to be even better the next day. Will be sure making it again."
"I did not have everything on hand so instead of using canned cranberry sauce, I used dried cranberries (about a cup), and 2 tablespoons of orange juice instead of the orange marmalade and it still turned out great. I think I will try using fresh apples next time, because my family and I did not care for the pie filling, it didn't seem to go."