Cranberry-Apple Biscuits Recipe
Tangy cranberries and sweet apples blend beautifully with tender biscuits on this pretty holiday dessert. Serve the fruity treats alone or with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Dip the top of each biscuit in butter, then in sugar mixture. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- 2. For sauce, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Add the apples, cranberries, 1/4 cup water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour about 1/3 cup sauce over each biscuit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC